Don’t you just love those marble acacia wood pedestals??? Me too, but I don’t love the price!!! They can get so expensive! One day, while strolling the aisles of Walmart, I spied this melamine plate that looked pretty close to real marble! The best part-it’s only $2.50!!!! And it has a little sister too!!! My frugal wheels started spinning, and I knew immediately what I was going to do with them!!! I bought both the dinner plate, and the salad plate! They would be the perfect addition to a pair of candle holders I already had! Here’s how to make a DIY cake stand!!!
Wooden candle holders seem to be a little hard to find in stores these days-which I can’t understand! Wood in home decor still so much in style, and candle holders are a decor staple! Shop your house first to see if you have any that would work. If not, thrift stores are a great place to find them! These great ones are from World Market, and they come in 3 different sizes. Target has a similar set if you want a set of 3!
This post contains affiliate links.
1)Flip the candle holder upside down
2) Apply Gorilla glue, or other strong glue around the perimeter of the candle holder bottom, and fill in
3) Turn the plate upside down, and press down the glued side of the candle holder in the center of the plate
4) Press down until well set
DIY Cake Stand
- 1 Melamine plate in marble design
- 1 Wooden candle holder
- 1 Gorilla glue, or other strong glue
- Flip the candle holder upside down
- Apply Gorilla glue, or other strong glue around the perimeter of the candle holder bottom, and fill in
- Turn the plate upside down, and press down the glued side of the candle holder in the center of the plate
- Press down until well set
That’s all there is to it!!! With about $10 and 5 minutes, you can make your own DIY cake stand pedestal! Since I already had a pair of candle holders that I bought on clearance at Target, I made two of them! See that little cutie on my shelves? It’s the little sister!
While we’re here, do you spy the found looking vase? It’s another super easy DIY that you can make with what you probably already have around the house!